This sermon references the following Biblical verses:
The Vineyard of the Lord Destroyed
5:1 Let me sing for my beloved
my love song concerning his vineyard:
My beloved had a vineyard
on a very fertile hill.
2 He dug it and cleared it of stones,
and planted it with choice vines;
he built a watchtower in the midst of it,
and hewed out a wine vat in it;
and he looked for it to yield grapes,
but it yielded wild grapes.
3 And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem
and men of Judah,
judge between me and my vineyard.
4 What more was there to do for my vineyard,
that I have not done in it?
When I looked for it to yield grapes,
why did it yield wild grapes?
5 And now I will tell you
what I will do to my vineyard.
I will remove its hedge,
and it shall be devoured;
I will break down its wall,
and it shall be trampled down.
6 I will make it a waste;
it shall not be pruned or hoed,
and briers and thorns shall grow up;
I will also command the clouds
that they rain no rain upon it.
7 For the vineyard of the Lord of hosts
is the house of Israel,
and the men of Judah
are his pleasant planting;
and he looked for justice,
but behold, bloodshed;
but behold, an outcry!
- 8:30 a.m. ~ Chapel
- 10:30 a.m. ~ Sanctuary
This Week at Church
- Friday, October 24th
- 6:30pm Jr. High Youth Group…
- Saturday, October 25th
- 9:30am Living Safely and Well…
- 9:30am Women in Transition…
- 12:00pm Faith Formation Halloween…
- Sunday, October 26th
- 8:30am Worship Service
- 9:30am Faith Formation Teachers…
- 9:30am Discovery Choir
- 10:30am Youth Bible Presentation…
- 10:30am Faith Formation
- 10:30am Worship Service
- 11:30am Just Lunch
- 11:45am Earthwise Ministry…
- Tuesday, October 28th
- 7:00pm Bell Choir Rehearsal…
- Wednesday, October 29th
- 4:00pm Project Management…
- Thursday, October 30th
- 9:30am Thursday Morning Women’s…
- 11:30am Sophia Way Annual Benefit…
- 7:00pm Stephen Ministry Supervision…
- 7:00pm Stephen Ministry Training…
You Are Needed
No volunteer events scheduled this week